Alone by choice or not....Valentine's Day can be hard to take when you are surrounded by displays of affection. And, this year Valentine's Day falls on a Friday which means it's likely even more lovey-dovey couples will be out and about. So, if you're not wanting to take yourself out to dinner and a movie by yourself (although you certainly could), here are some other ideas.
Stay home alone and be self-indulgent (but not a pity party). Instead make it a special treat.
- Start with a complete body & hair makeover.
- Apply a good hair mask.
- Apply a good face mask
- Grab a bath bomb and a sweet exfoliant, some favorite, scented candles and indulge in a long warm bath. Add some of your favorite tunes for even more relaxation.
- Finish with a shower rinse and slather on your favorite lotion.
- Now, put on those favorite PJ's, pour yourself your favorite beverage and gather a few munchies and a blanket. Turn on a great movie.
- Have a single girls' night in. Gather together your single girlfriends, a couple of bottles of wine and some pre-made snacks and have some fun.
- Do some mani-pedis - have everyone bring their own favorite color polish. Let everyone paint a toenail on each other. You'll end up with 10 different toenail colors and lots of laughs along the way.
- Throw a singles-only board game party. Invite all your single friends, male & female. Serve up some beer and pizza, turn on the music and bring out your favorite board games...whether serious challenges like Risk or hilarious games Apples to Apples.