If you are over 30, you've probably started to notice little signs of aging on your face. Maybe it's just a little crow's foot or a slight laugh line or even just a little less glow. It's natural. Our skin is producing less collagen and has been bombarded since birth with environmental hazards.
What we eat and what we put on the outside all impacts how our skin ages. We know foods like avocado, salmon, dark greens and lots of water will help our skin from the inside. Now it's time to start looking for some help from your skin care products for the outside. Below are nine skin care ingredients you should be looking for in your skin care products. All contribute to helping your skin look and feel its best and resist the signs of aging.
- Pomegranate contains chemicals that help the skin production of a molecule called urolithin A which helps keep muscle cells from degenerating. It also has a lot of Vitamin C and punicic acid - an Omega-5 fatty acid that helps with skin collagen.
- Hyaluronic Acid molecules can hold up to 1000 times their weight in water. That's why this ingredient is essential. It keeps skin hydrated longer and helps elasticity.
- Coffee Oil contains a high concentration of essential fatty acids, sterols and vitamin E. It's a potent trinity of antioxidants that protect against UV rays. It also is able to speed up fluid drainage, which is why it is great for under-eye puffiness.
- Retinol is part of the Vitamin A family. It speeds up cell turnover by chemically exfoliating your skin. Removing dead skin cells gives you back a smoother skin texture and natural radiance.
- Vitamin E provides a soothing effect as it enhances hydration and skin suppleness. It also blocks free radicals which makes it very effective as a defense against environmental factors and at reducing the appearance of fine lines.
- Mung Bean (Phaseolus Radiatus) Cell Culture Extract has an amazing ability to increase skin cell activity which creates new cellular proteins. It's regenerative properties help slow the loss of elasticity and increase the firmness of your skin.
- Peptides are amino acids that stimulate collagen production and cell growth. They are also antioxidants and have antimicrobial and whitening effects.
- Vitamin C brightens skin, increases firmness and improves hydration. It is extremely helpful and effective in combating photo-damage from the sun. It supports collagen production and is a powerful antioxidant. It is essential in any anti-aging skin care product.