The best way to cocktail is to place a small amount of each product in your hand, and then rub your hands together to emulsify and blend before applying to your face. If you are mixing two ingredients into one bottle, be sure they will work well together and not fight each other. Some combinations that work well together:
- Niacinamide & Retinol. Together they are a powerful antiaging combination that also helps with age spots, discoloration, and wrinkles.
- Vitamin C & Retinol. These powerful antioxidants promote the production of collagen and protect from free radicals.
- Hyaluronic Acid & Tanning Drops & Moisturizer. Get your glow on as you deeply hydrate and lock in the moisture.
- Make sure the ingredients you choose to combine are of a similar liquid consistency. For example, you could combine your toner with a serum or a treatment product.
- Products with an oily consistency do not stay blended well together. They will, however, stay combined long enough to apply to the skin if you emulsify and apply quickly. If you are combining in a bottle, remember to shake it well before each use.
- Most cream products do not work well in a cocktail. You can, however, add a couple of drops of facial oil into your moisturizer before applying it.