Sunday, December 8, 2019
Saturday, December 7, 2019
Friday, December 6, 2019
If you are looking for a hair care brand that is 100% vegan, then you will love Abba. In fact, their shampoo products are so gentle you could use them as a body wash. Abba products are also free of gluten, paraben, DEA, Phthalates, synthetic color additive, sulfates and sodium chlorides.
Abba is also cruelty free. Not just in their products, but also with the raw materials they use to formulate them. Any supplier they use must sign a commitment stating what they are selling to Abba has never been tested on animals.
Abba has formulas for every hair and style.
- Color Protection
Plus styling products that perform without harsh chemicals or additives and protect your hair.
What's in their products that make them so effective. It's their ProQuinoa Complex - a blend of three powerful proteins.
Thursday, December 5, 2019
Wednesday, December 4, 2019
Snail Essence remains a hot ingredient in skin care because it is full of good nutrients and leaves skin with a dewy glow. But don't go out after a rain and start wiping up those snail trails. It needs to be processed and companies that sell snail essence keep their procedures proprietary. You can go collect a couple of snails and let them crawl across your face, but...eeeew!
So, what exactly is it? It's that mucin emitted by the snail as it moves along the ground as a way to protect itself. The common garden snail (Cryptomphalus aspera) is most often used. Snail farmers put snails over a mesh in dark room. They are left there for 30-40 minutes to roam around excreting their slime, then put back in their usual home. The mucin from the mesh is then collected. There are many ways of then processing the mucin to make it stable for skin care.
So, why is it so popular? Snail essence has been used in various parts of the world for centuries. In ancient Greece through the middle ages it was used as a skin inflammation treatment. More recently, it was popularized by Korean skin care products as it is purported to be hydrating, helps prevent aging skin and improves wrinkles and scars. The ingredients in the slime are hyaluronic acid, glycoprotein enzymes and peptides. These ingredients are also found in many other skin products.
Tuesday, December 3, 2019
Even if you rarely paint your nails, somehow it seems like the finishing touch to your holiday outfit. Festive holiday events mean you glam up. Here Essie show you a simple technique for truly festive nails even a novice can do. If you don't like the Red and White...switch it up to Green & White or Red & Gold or ????
Monday, December 2, 2019
It's dry, it's itchy, it may be red or flaking, there may be rough, scaly patches. It happens most often when climate changes. Winter skin rash can normally be treated at home with some simple steps. However, if the rash becomes painful or these steps do not help, consult your doctor.
Winter rash strikes when the skin loses too much moisture. Winter's cold, dry air and central heating can literally suck moisture from the skin. Winter rash most often appears on the hands and feet, but in can occur anywhere on the body.
What can you do?
- First and foremost, moisturize often using skin care products that contain urea or lactic acid. Apply moisturizer after taking a shower while skin is still damp.
- Avoid fragranced skin care products. These may contain harsh chemical that further irritate the skin.
- Natural products like aloe vera gel and coconut oil both contain antibacterial properties, as well as being moisturizing and both are safe to use on cracked skin.
- Coconut oil can also improve the skin's barrier function.
- Avoid olive oil. Although it has anti-inflammatory properties, it promotes water loss in the skin.
- Avocado oil has vitamin C, D, and E. These are especially nourishing for dry skin.
- Avoid harsh soaps. Avoid cleansers and body washes that contain alcohols, parabens or synthetic dyes.
- Turn down the heat. Just a couple of degrees can make a difference.
- Keep a humidifier running. This can offset the dryness of the heated air.
- Hydrate. Hydrate. Hydrate. Drink lots of water.
Sunday, December 1, 2019
What's new? Gift sets! Every year our best beauty product manufacturers create wonderful gifts sets, perfect for all your beauty divas. You can find wonderful, thoughtful gifts for just about everyone on your list and great stocking stuffers too! While we can't list every set on this page, we've put together a great sample selection. Take a look! Want to see all of our great gift ideas? Click here.