Love beautiful nails? We do too! But painting them perfectly can be a bit tricky. So...here are a few tips to help you achieve a perfect polish!
- Three strokes are all you need. As you're painting your nails, it's best if you use three strokes to apply the polish. First, dip the brush into the bottle and get a decent-sized bead of polish at the edge of your brush. You want the polish to do the majority of the work and spread out as it's placed on the nail — the brush is there to just guide the dot of polish into place. Starting at the base of your nail, stroke the brush to the left, to the right, and then down the center. Voila!
- Make your neon polish pop. To get your neon paint to be even brighter, apply a white or an opaque nude shade as your first coat of polish. Neon colors tend to be sheer, so this helps make them seem thicker.
- Never shake your nail polish. Instead, roll it back and forth between your two hands, holding the polish vertically. This ensures there will be no air bubbles in the lacquer or on your nails as you paint it on.
- If you have no quick-dry products lying around, dip your painted nails in a bowl of ice-cold water to help them dry faster. It really works
- Rub olive oil around your nails before you begin on a nail-art design. It makes removing excess polish way easier.
- Unlike regular lacquer, the glittery kind is supposed to look sort of uneven, so it's great for fix-it situations. When a nail chips, instead of removing all your polish and starting over, just slap on a coat of sparkle over your current color. When you (inevitably) get another chip, paint on a little more. You can keep a manicure going indefinitely
- Put on two quick coats of nail polish. While they're still wet, hold nails for three seconds over the steam coming from boiling water or a simmering pot of something yummy, keeping them about 5 inches above the water. Then watch the magic happen: glossy painted nails turn matte-sexy.