There is an art to choosing the best blush shade for your skin tone. All too often blush is overlooked; many women simply use a pink shade they like on a color chart or package. You know adding a hint of color to the apples of your cheeks can keep you looking fresh-faced all day, so let's find you the best color.
There’s a simple trick to deciding whether to wear a warm or cool tone blush. For a natural look, choose a blush with the same undertone as your skin. If you want a bold looking blush, pick one with the opposite undertone as your skin. Therefore, If you have a warm skin tone (a yellow undertone), choose warm blush shade for a natural look and a cool blush shade for a pop of color. Vice versa if you have a cool skin tone (a pink undertone).
When you have fair/light skin, your best blush shades are soft pink, light coral, and peach.
- For ladies, with light skin tones and cool or pink undertones, you should wear the soft pink shades for a natural look and the peach/coral shades for a pop of color.
- If you have a light skin tone and warm or golden undertones, try wearing the peachy coral shades for a natural look and the soft pink blushes for a pop of color.
Light Olive to Olive Skin
Your lovely skin needs a touch of peach, pale apricot, sheer or tawny rose.
- If you have cool or pink undertones you should lean toward the rose colors for a soft, gentle glow.
- Those with warm, golden undertones should look to the peachy tones.
For those with a medium skin tone, try rich pink, warm mauve, and deep peach blush shades.
- If your undertones are cool or pink undertones, you should wear the rich pink or mauve shades for a natural look and the deep peach shades for a pop of color.
- Ladies with warm or golden undertones should wear the deep peach shades for a natural look and the rich pink or mauve blushes for a pop of color.
Women with dark skin look wonderful in deep fuchsia, berry, warm brown, raisin and tangerine blush shades. Cream blushes are a great way to get high-impact color that still looks natural.
- If you have cool or pink undertones, wear the fuchsia or light berry shades for a natural look and the tangerine hues for a pop of color.
- Those with warm or golden undertones, should wear the warm brown or tangerine shades for a natural look and the pinks and berries for a pop of color.