A really bold color is never going to look natural on anyone, so when you decide to go bold, it is more about creativity than it is looking pretty. With bright colors, you just need to go for it and not be apologetic about it. Push it as far as your comfort allows. So, if you're ready, here are some tips to help you get started.
- Colors will look different on different skin tones. Fair and olive skins can often pull off a wider range of shades. Darker toned skins will get more impact the brighter colors, such as bold reds, yellows, oranges, turquoise and blues.
- The more contrast, the more pop you will get.
- In general, cool colors work best on pale skin tones, while warm colors are best used for deeper complexions.
- The more pigmented a product is, the better.
- When starting with bold colors, it's best to keep the focus on one thing at a time. For example, green eyeliner paired with a nude lip or conversely, a bold blue lip with more natural shadows.
- Be sure to lock in the color with a good translucent powder so your color doesn't slide.