Matrix haircare products provide everyday solutions. Ultimate versatility and specialized ingredients deliver healthy-looking hair for every need and hair type.
Matrix was founded in 1980 by the American husband and wife hairdressing team, Arnie and Sydell Miller. Before he founded Matrix, Mr. Miller was a hairdresser for more than 20 years. Mr. Miller decided to try his hand at running a different kind of company in 1971, when he developed individually applied eyelashes. He formed a firm, Ardell, to market the product to retailers and to beauty salons. Ardell eventually created and sold a hair color product.
In the late 1970s, Mr. Miller saw that the retail market was shrinking and decided to sell Ardell in 1980 in order to concentrate on building Matrix, which would market its products only to professional hair-care buyers.
"I felt that in order to be successful, I needed more focus. I chose the professional end because I knew the business better and I liked it better,” he said. The Millers wanted to provide hairdressers with a comprehensive range of products that would help them grow their businesses and provide the means to take full advantage of their talent and creativity.
Now, over two decades later, their original ideas still stand strong and Matrix is committed to the development of the salon professional and offers a wide range of haircare, haircolor and hair texturizing products including:
- Biolage - six shampoo & conditioner systems to cleanse, nourish and restore, plus styling & finish systems new renew body and shine as you shape, form and blow dry.
- Biolage R.A.W. - it's wholesome food for your hair, these products are 70% to 100% natural original and up to 99% biodegradable.
- Oil Wonders - products that are very lightweight and add softness & shine.
- Style Link - Hold, freeze or pump up the volume, these styling products let you achieve your look.
- Total Results - Whatever your hair needs...moisture, volume, repair or total treatment, Total Results products provide it.
- Vavoom - Invent your style with these freezing sprays, volume creators and shaping assistants