asset. So, what can you do to protect it!
It's easy to say you're going to eat healthy, quit smoking, or start exercising, but it's much harder to actually do it.
To live a healthy life you must eat healthy and:
- Get at least 30 minutes of physical activity per day
- Get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep
- Reach and maintain a healthy weight
- Get help to quit or don't start smoking
- Limit alcohol use to one drink or less
- Wear a helmet when riding a bike and wear protective gear for sports
- Wear a seatbelt in cars and not text and drive
- Not use illegal drugs or misuse prescription drugs
- Complete a monthly self breast exam
You need to plan an annual visit to your doctor or other health care provider. At that appointment it is important to be open, honest and discuss:
- Menopause symptoms or menstrual cycle issues.
- Weight, diet, and physical activity level
- Tobacco and alcohol use
- Any violence in your life
- Depression and any other mental health concerns
- Family health history, especially cancer risk
- Suspicious skin moles or other lesions.
- Review current medications and dosages
- Sexual concerns or at-risk sexual activity.
- Any other health concern, no matter if you think it is minor or not.
Ask if I need these tests, medicines, or vaccines this year:
- Low-dose aspirin
- Blood pressure
- Colorectal cancer
- Hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- Lung cancer (55 and older*)
- Measles, mumps, and rubella
- Pap and HPV
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Tetanus, diphtheria, or whooping cough