Many a woman has wanted a change...and that's good. It's fun and exciting and can really make you look and feel wonderful. But, before you head to the salon, follow these few rules for success:
- Make no major change when you are in the middle of an emotional crisis. No one makes good decisions with out pausing for thought.
- Call your salon and ask for an appointment on their less crowded day. Let them know you are going for a change and need the time to discuss it with the stylist.
- If you don't have a stylist, get recommendations from friends whose hair you admire.
- It is important to bring a few pix of what you like, but just as important to bring a few of what you DON'T like. This helps your stylist when they make recommendations.
- Before you say "yes" to the change, ask your stylist how long it takes to achieve the style in the "real world", i.e. when you have to do it yourself at home. Be sure you are willing to dedicate that time each morning. Also, ask them to show you "how" before you leave.
- Stylists may use specialized products to achieve your look. Ask what they are and take some home.