Gel: One of the most innovative hair care products that we all seem to either love or hate.
Many times, we may tend to stray away from hair gel because we are not sure how to apply properly to achieve a certain look. But gel can help you mold, shape and hold your style all day!
No Worries, we are here to help. Check out our guide to help you perfect and create those gorgeous gel-styled looks!
*For all these styles, we do recommend you emulsify the gel in your hands with some water to evenly distribute the hair gel.*
The Slick Back
For this look, you will need a small boar bristle brush, fine tail comb, blow dryer, bobby pins & gel.
1. Begin blow drying the hair back and lift in the crown area at the roots for added volume.
2. Pin the sides back to hold its place for sleek dimension and in a raking back motion, apply gel to the hair and brush back until desired look is reached.
3. Take a fine tooth comb to mold and shape your hair to however you please. (Optional) Set with a finishing hairspray.
The Slick High Pony
For this look, you will need a nylon and boar bristle brush, hair tie, and gel.
1. Brush your hair back into a ponytail with a nylon and boar bristle brush to have a static-free pony.
2. While still holding onto your ponytail with one hand, use the other hand to apply a quarter-sized amount of gel to smooth out the hair for a sleek and fly-away free look.
3. Secure with the hair tie for a nice hold. (Optional) Take a piece of your hair and wrap it around the ponytail and secure with bobby pins for a chic look.
The Top Notch Bun
For this look, you will need a nylon & boar bristle brush, a rat tail comb, hair tie, bobby pins and gel.
1. Brush your hair into a high pony. Apply gel & use the rat tail comb to slick down the hair & edges.
2. Secure your hair with a hair tie and gel the ponytail. Once gel'd, twist the hair to wrap around the base of the ponytail.
3. Secure with bobby pins and ta-da! You are done and looking fierce.
Short Classic Slick
For this look, you will need a boar bristle brush, a rat tail comb, spray bottle and gel.
1. Start by brushing the hair back and spritzing it lightly with water.
2. Part the hair with comb and brush back behind the ears.
3. Distribute gel into the hair and in a raking back motion, style and smooth back the hair.
Let us know if you tried one of these looks and how it worked out for you! ❤
Need help? Call us at 866-409-7227 for help in deciding which gel works best for your hair type.