Not everything in our pantry or cabinet has only one use. Try these simple little tricks!
- Use it to clean synthetic makeup brushes in a 1:1 ratio with water. Soak 5 minutes and then rinse and let dry.
- Soak nails in hydrogen peroxide if nails are stained by dark polish or just looking a little tired and dull. It's a natural whitener.
- Use it to whiten teeth and make them shiny. Just swish a little around in your mouth for a minute.
- Who knew dabbing a touch of Vaseline wherever you spray perfume makes your scent last longer. Why? Because the oils found in petroleum jelly “holds on” to scents and prevents evaporation.
- A wet tea bag will soothe inflamed skin and reduce pain. Use it to reduce nasty razor burn or bumps. It's best to use cheap black tea - it has the highest levels of tannic acid which is what helps heal.
Vodka (okay, this might not be common in every household!)
- Did you know that soaking your razor in vodka not only cleans it, but keeps it sharper longer?
- Also, if you mix a little vodka with water and spray on your clothes, it’ll get rid of lingering perfume smells if you can’t make it to the dry cleaner.