Traditionally known for its anti-microbial properties, in India, it is used as an antiseptic for disinfecting wounds, along with the ability to target & treat inflammatory skin conditions such as Acne, Dry Skin, Psoriasis & Eczema. It's also used as a ritualistic ingredient in Asia and is put in the hair or on the skin to increase supernatural & psychic abilities (which we can't vouch for but that would be incredible to experience!). Below, though, are the benefits we could verify :
Skin Benefits :
- Anti-Aging - Improves the appearance of fine lines & brown spots by preventing loss of skin elasticity due to long-term UVB exposure. And brightening effects to target 'age spots' or brown spots. (That's why you'll find it in gloSkin Beauty's Restorative Cream.)
- Dark Circles - Stimulates circulation which can reduce puffiness & under-eye darkness.
- Dry Skin - Can deeply hydrate & revitalize skin while alleviating symptoms of dryness.
- Fights Acne - Works as an antiseptic to stop the spread of bacteria, takes down redness & swelling of the blemish while accelerating the healing process.
- Psoriasis - A tricky skin condition to treat, Turmeric reduces the redness, heals the open wounds & calms the irritated skin.
- Scars - Reduces excess production of melanin, which helps to even skin tone & lighten scars.*Also treats & prevents stretch marks by penetrating & improving the function of the skin membrane cells.
Hair Benefits :
- Dandruff - Soothes & treats dandruff with it's antiseptic & anti-inflammatory qualities. *However!!! Works best on Dark Hair as Turmeric can stain blonde or light-hued hair.
- Hair Growth - Can prevent hair loss attributed to certain scalp infections & dandruff. Promoting a healthy scalp environment so hair can grow. (It is one of the ingredients in HAIRtamins.)
Consumption Benefits :
- Neutralizes free radicals due to its chemical structure.
- Boosts the activity of the body's own antioxidant enzymes.
- Can fight depression.
- Boosts levels of the brain hormone, which increases the growth of new neurons & fight various degenerative processes in the brain.
- Has beneficial effects on factors that play a role in heart disease.
- Treats inflammation associated with Arthritis.
We LOVE to hear from YOU, so let us know what you think in the COMMENTS down below. Thank You for Reading!