Contouring or Face Sculpting is a technique once used only by the best makeup Artists for professional photo shoots & stage performances. The techniques focus was dedicated to building definition to be able to see the details of the face under harsh stage lights.
The modern age has brought this trend into the spotlight for the everyday; it's become a much softer art used to enhance cheekbones & slim your face to highlight your best features. Inspired by this popular trend Jane Iredale created the Shape Up Contour Kits, set in a gorgeous rose gold mirrored compact:
Featuring three matte & easily blendable pressed powder shades in each kit to sculpt & enhance your face. There are two options : Cool and Warm, depending upon your skin tone. Shades from top to bottom:
- Contour shade gives a natural & shadowed effect - for that sculpted look.
- Blush shade adds a lit-from-within finishing touch.
- Highlight shade illuminates while enhancing your features.
-Tips & Tricks -
Not all the rules of contouring are universal so here are some tips & tricks:
- Know Your Face Shape : Keep your face shape in mind to achieve the most flattering look. For a round face - contour under your cheekbones. For a narrow face - shade along the top of the forehead & a bit on the chin to soften angles.
- Know Where To Shade : Want defined cheekbones - suck in your cheeks to find the hollows and shade from the tops of the hollows inward, stopping about an inch from the corner of your mouth. Want to slim your nose - blend two lines of the shading powder from start of brows down the sides of the bridge of your nose.
- Highlight Strategically : Highlighting brings the light back into your face, so blend on your cheekbones, brow bones, the center of your chin and on the tip of your nose.
- Blending with a side of blending : Hold your brush really softly for powder application to ensure you get that flawless look - the contouring technique relies heavily on blending.
We LOVE to hear from YOU, so let us know in the COMMENTS down below & in a REVIEW on our website when you try New luxurious products. Happy Contouring!!