- Do not use cuticle oil or lotion before you start your manicure. It moisturizes nail bed and slick, oily nail does not allow the polish to adhere correctly. Yes, moisturizing is essential to hands and nails, but do it after your polish is set and completely dry.
- Always use a dehydrator or a small amount of rubbing alcohol to wipe each nail and let the nail dry before applying a base coat. This removes any oily residue on your nail.
- Always use a base coat. There are three reason this is essential. (1) It keeps the polish color, especially dark, highly pigmented colors, from staining nail. (2) It add strength to the nail. (3) It acts as a glue to help the polish adhere to the nail.
- Do not use a top coat as the base coat. Unless the product is specifically designed to do both, they are very different products. The top coat is not the "glue" but is to make manicure smooth and shiny.
- Always swipe your top coat along your free nail edge to seal the entire nail.
- Wear protective gloves when using cleaning products or other chemicals.
Beauty Care Choices has all your manicure needs, including the best in top and base coats and over 500 polish colors. Click here!