There are many types of waxes you can use. There is pot wax (Probably the most economical once you have the warmer) or easy to use roll-on wax kits, as well as waxes you heat in the microwave. Pot wax Gigi 's Wax Warmer holds both 8 oz. and 14 oz. wax pots. You can also get hair removal strips that are pre-waxed. Just peel and apply. They are great for lips and brows! To see all waxing products, click here!
Before You Wax
- Exfoliate with a sugar-based scrub. This prevents breakouts by removing dead skin around your hair follicles.
- Clean the area with a cotton ball soaked in witch hazel or a pre-wax astringent. This will remove excess oil so wax sticks properly.
- Before applying wax, pull skin taut. That makes it easier to remove the strip in one clean motion.
- Remove leftover wax by dipping a cotton ball in baby oil and swiping it over the area. The oil lubricates your skin so residue will easily slip off.
- If you've waxed your lip, don't use antiaging products for 24 hours. Freshly waxed skin is sensitive to the ingredients in these products.
Beauty Care Choices carries Gigi, Clean+Easy and Satin Smooth brand waxing products.