- Apply oil to skin. Cover all skin lightly with an oil like Earthly Body Hemp Seed Glow Oil which is a spray so it's easy to cover hard to reach places or BodyDrench's Agran Oil Emulsifying Dry Body Oil.
- Take a dry brush to skin from the feet up, brushing in short, light strokes. Yes, that long-handled, soft bristled brush that comes with bath sets and hangs in your shower actually has a function. Just don't hang it in the shower...use it dry.
- Step in the shower and, using a body scrub, like any LaLicious sugar scrub or Dermalogica Body Therapy Exfoliating Scrub, start at the feet again and massage the skin in a circular motion on up the body.
- Rinse off using lukewarm water, then apply a salicylic acid body wash to skin (DermaE Very Clear Astringent is a good one), paying more attention to heels, elbows and knees. If you have a tendency towards back and butt acne, make sure to apply there as well.
- Pat skin dry and apply your favorite moisturizer while skin is slightly damp.
Saturday, October 17, 2015
Steps to a perfect weekly body exfoliation
As we age, our body's ability to slough off dead skin cells slows down. Doing a full body exfoliation each week will leave your skin with a much more youthful glow and help eliminate those dry patches and ugly little skin bumps. Below is step-by-step instructions to get the most benefit from your efforts. When you're done you're going to feel like you've been to the best spa in town!