Adding thickness and volume to even fine hair is easier than ever thanks to the science and technology of new and innovative styling products. Below are six of the best that will transform your tresses!
1. Use a hair plumping, strand volumizing shampoo. Panthenol plumps up the hair fiber and gives you the look and feel of thicker hair. Try L'Oreal Professional Serie Expert Volumetry Anti-Gravity Shampoo or Lanza Healing Volume thickening Shampoo. While you are shampooing, treat scalp to a circulation-boosting massage.
2. Use L'Oreal Texture Expert Densite Thickening Primer or other fiber building product after shampooing to build density and thicken each strand.
3. Build body with a body boosting brush. A large, at least 2" round brush is the secret to a full blowout. You new must-have for volume. If you don't have one, try the Ion Fusion by Spornette (available in 2", 2 1/2" and 3"). It's ion technology will help close the cuticle to make hair look shiny and sleek.
4. Today's super-light, feather-weight oils make it possible for even persons with the finest hair to have all the shine they want. Moroccanoil Treatment - Light will add the shine and moisture without making hair look or feel limp. Just remember to first put a drop (or two) into the palm of your hand and rub you hands together. Gently work through your hair, starting at the ends.
5. Use a Blow-Out extender when needed (like day 2)Amika Perk Up or Matrix total Results Miracle Extender are both great for this!
. The new generation of dry shampoos has been formulated with high-tech oil absorbers so you still get tons of texture, but without the chalky residue.
6. Get a better hairspray. If it seems no matter what you do and your best styling efforts, your fine hair falls flat in minutes, then your solution is Philip B Russian Amber Imperial Insta-Thick Hair Thickening Spray. Its mix of polymers, dry shampoo and ultra light conditioners provides a bouncy blow-up that lasts for days!