Regular exfoliation will also help your skin more readily absorb your other skin care products.
While drug store brands may work for you, a good professional skin care product has other (and often more gentle) ingredients that work to combat wrinkles, moisturize and re-balance the skin as well. Below we've included some recommendations depending on your skin type. You can use a masque or scrub. Products that include both mechanical exfoliation (crystals or beads) and chemical exfoliation work best. Once a week on the facial area is good for most people.
- Timeless by Pevonia Gentle Foaming Scrub for more mature skin.
- Dermalogica's Gentle Cream Exfoliant if you have sensitive skin.
- If your skin is acne prone, then DermaE Very Clear Acne Scrub may be your perfect solution (and it's 100% vegan!).
- Great for any skin type is Malibu Facial Masque Algae Clay. It will not clog pores, is non-irritating, fragrance free and 100% vegan.
- If your face is inflamed or irritated, then Dermalogica Ultra-Calming Masque will soothe it as it cleanses.
- Mature skin (both men & women) will appreciate the extra benefits of GlamGlow's YouthMud Tinglexfoliate Treatment. It uses volcanic rock, green tea leaf and French Sea Clay.