Sunday, May 26, 2019
Zoya nail colors (Hint: sort by clicking on NEW)
Are you ready for Summer? We are!
Introducing BAREFOOT featuring a range of bright uplifting shades, shimmering neutrals, and an exciting new topper!
Style Sign Creative Texture Dry Boost Spray
Give your hairstyle a cool, new texture with this dry boost. A dry texture spray that gives your hair tousled movement and definition. Adds light texture, soft grip and refreshed volume. Great for creating those rough and disheveled looks.
Give your curls and waves a beautiful twist with this surf oil. Gives your hair amazing body and texture for big bouncy curls and waves. Protects hair from frizz and flyaways and leaves the hair defined.
Knot Anymore Super Detangler
Don't let knots and tangles ruin your day! This multi-benefit detangling spray is made with botanical additives lavender and rosemary to gently detangle the hair while providing protection to the hair and scalp from lice and nits. Infused with sunscreens to extend color longevity, making it color-safe! Does not leave behind any residue and is free of sulfates, phlalates and parabens. Can be used on extensions as well.
Saturday, May 25, 2019
Beauty Care Choices has the best in hair care, skin care, cosmetics and nail care. But did you know we also have a product for the "hair down there?" Betty Beauty hair down there color dyes have 1-2+ applications in each kit (depending on how much betty you have). Cover grey with brown, black, blonde, auburn. Go a little wild with red, lilac or hot pink. Betty Beauty products are specially formulated, drip-less color dyes. We also have "Bare Betty" - safe hair removal cream for your betty.
Take a look. Betty Beauty as featured on The Doctors television show.
Take a look. Betty Beauty as featured on The Doctors television show.
Friday, May 24, 2019
FORTY YEARS OF FIRSTS
Since the beginning, Sebastian has enabled stylists and the stylish with new products, tools and techniques. Their styles work in the spotlight, in the salon and on the street. Their innovations simplify, and put self-expression in your hands.
Every decade heralds a new lineup of icons that test the limits of hair creation. Cellophanes was the first hair color that came with choice. Shaper was the world’s first any-which-way spray. Potion 9 created the canvas for limitless style, and Eruptek injected hair with expansive clouds of texture. Their newest line...Seb Man...hair care, styling and grooming products for men who refused to be categorized.
In addition to shampoos and conditioners that strengthen hair and build a foundation. Sebastian electrifies and defines with its creative styling products. Their motto: Form it, Flaunt it or Let it Flow!
While working on Barbara Streisand's Butterfly album cover, Geri crafted a crimped look for her hair with a tool that would soon become an industry game changer. Inspired by textile crimpers, the then revolutionary Crimping Iron turned out to be a big hit, selling millions on only 2 days.
Whether you want to look Done yet Undone, Grungy but Gorgeous or Perfectly Imperfect, our 30 seconds effortless routine is made for you! First wash your hair with Reset Shampoo, then use Preset Conditioner. Finally apply ShaperID hairspray for your perfect millennial effortless look.
Thursday, May 23, 2019
Humectants may be the reason why your lips become “addicted” to lip balm because of their ability to dehydrate the skin when used on their own,. When you apply humectants (moisture) without occlusives (seals in moisture) to your lips, you could be making them drier than they were before you applied the lip balm. Thus, your lips feel very dry and you try to combat this by using more lip balm, which continues this ongoing cycle. While humectants can provide a temporary plumping, smoothing, and hydrating effect, they are unable to repair damage to your skin’s protective barrier, which is the root cause of excessive dryness and flaking.
To avoid this problem, only use lip balms that contain both humectants and occlusives. A few examples of occlusives are:
- Argan oil
- Borage seed oil
- Olive oil
- Jojoba oil
- Safflower oil
Shiny lips can attract UV rays to your and cause dryness and increase your risk of skin cancer, so also use a lip balm with an SPF of 15 or higher.
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
Occlusives can come from plant sources, like candelilla wax, carnauba wax, palm kernel and heavy oils like macadamia, castor, and cocoa butter. Others, like mineral oil, petrolatum, paraffin come from refining crude oil. Some are nature-identical like allantoin, a compound found in many natural sources, but is often produced in a lab to cost and sustainability reasons.
You are already familiar with products high in occlusive agents without even knowing it. o get an idea of what they feel like think of barrier creams, foot creams, and good old Vaseline, which is made from 100% petrolatum — an ingredient derived from crude oil.
Occlusive ingredients can feel heavy and greasy on the skin — therefore it’s best to include them along with lighter-feeling ingredients when creating moisturizing skin care products.
- Beeswax is composed of monoesters, diesters, and triesters, as well as hydrocarbons, hydroxypolyesters, and free fatty acids. Because of the nature of beeswax, including the moisturizing and soothing qualities, it is very frequently used in moisturizers.
- Vegetable waxes - for those that don’t like using animal products, there are some great vegetable waxes that are a great substitute for beeswax. Carnauba wax, also called Brazil wax and palm wax, and Candelilla wax, and Palm kernel oil are great choices,
- Plant oils and butters high in Oleic Acid. In general, most plant oils are considered emollients, but some oils, particularly those high in oleic acid, also work also have occlusive properties. These oils often have a thicker, greasier feel and include olive, avocado, rice bran, macadamia, castor, and soybean oil and shea and cocoa butter.
- Lecithin is a fat that is essential in the cells of the body. It can be found in many foods, including soybeans, chickpeas, and egg yolks. It is a multi-purpose ingredient that helps pump up the skin’s barrier function and also be used as an emulsifier for oil in water emulsions. It can also help with serious dryness and eczema. It can be derived from many plant sources including sunflower and soy.
- Cocoa Butter is an amazing occlusive. It has properties of all the moisturizing components and is a go-to for the skin. One of the benefits of cocoa butter is the high tocopherol content. This is a cluster of compounds that together contain a lot of Vitamin E, and is sometimes referred to as a form of that key vitamin. Tocopherol is a friend of the skin due to its antioxidant properties. These protect the skin from UV rays, and ultimately make it look firm and healthy. By boosting collagen, Vitamin E also keeps your face free of nagging little spots and lines and wrinkles that may come from age.4
- Allantoin - While allantoin occurs naturally in botanical extracts of the comfrey plant, it is generally chemically synthesized to be nature-identical for sustainability reasons. When formulating, allantoin will come in the form of a white powder that is dissolved in the water phase. Allantoin helps to create a barrier over the skin while healing and promoting cellular regeneration.
Non-Natural/Synthetic/Petroleum-based Occlusive agents
There are many great plant-based or natural occlusives, but some of the occlusives ingredients most popular with dermatologists and professional formulators are derived from petroleum products or made with some synthetic ingredients. Regardless of whether you use choose to use all-natural ingredients or synthetics, it’s important to understand the what options are available.
- Petrolatum, or petroleum jelly and mineral oil. These are the two most popular occlusive ingredients because they are both inexpensive to produce and are effective occlusive ingredients. It’s generally believed, when properly refined, petrolatum has no known health concerns and is safe to use. Another concern is regarding the impact to the environment because both are derived from crude oil, a renewable resource.
- Dimethicone is one of the best and most popular synthetic occlusive ingredients because it is inexpensive and easy to produce and it excels at forming a nice moisture barrier over the skin. Another reason for dimethicone’s popularity is that is it is the only ingredient listed that has a greasy feeling when applied to the skin.
There is a wide variety of ingredients—many of them all-natural—that can provide the occlusive component of your moisturizer. As mentioned above, some of them have emollient or humectant properties as well. This gives you a great chance to mix various emollient, humectant, and occlusive agents for a great moisturizer that works for your skin’s unique needs.
This is the second of three BEAUTY SCIENCE articles on types of ingredients in moisturizers. Click here if you missed Humectants. Next week we will discuss Emollients.
Tuesday, May 21, 2019
Sometimes, a thick layer of blusher is not something you need, especially on warm summer days. A slight touch of the brush or a little liquid blusher will be more than enough. It’s not necessary to contour your face completely — you can simply highlight your nose lines, cheeks, and the areas around your brows and lips. Quick, simple and beautiful!
Monday, May 20, 2019
The link between food and beauty has a long history. Recently, formulating haircare with food ingredients has appealed to persons looking for more natural, often organic-certified beauty products.
Younger buyers are demanding more transparency on what’s in their beauty products, and many of these same persons also link what they eat to their appearance. Many brands are strengthening this perception by highlighting the use of trending food ingredients that are linked to better hair and skin, and championing their specific benefits.
Using botanical/herbal extracts in anti-pollution haircare.
While the exact ingredients used for this purpose vary, antioxidant-rich botanicals are the most common. What are some of the recent trending ingredients?
- Moringa is a purifying extract that is commonly used to remove pollutants and counteract free radical damage caused by pollution.
- Indian Lotus Flower, which is known for its ability to resist dust and humidity is often used to create a barrier on the hair, locking out both city grime and frizz-inducing humidity.
- Kakadu plum, which is native to Australia. It is also known as the richest source of vitamin C, and is often used in skincare and pharmaceuticals because of its antioxidant and antiseptic properties.
- Turmeric is another trending food ingredient that can help cleanse the scalp and hair of toxins caused by pollution exposure and its antibiotic properties make it a natural exfoliator. Turmeric hair products soothe the scalp, moisturize and remove dead cells regularly to protect the skin layers. It will remove unwanted material from the skin, so it can help regulate scalp condition by treating excessively dry or oily skin. Turmeric can also be used to help prevent hair loss, as it keeps the scalp healthier and helps to prevent hair fall thanks to its active chemical curcumin.
- Pink salt, which has become popular on dining tables around the world, is a useful scalp exfoliator to help combat dandruff, while also giving hair texture and absorbing excess oil.
All of these are trending, but are they really effective at combating pollution effects on the hair? The answer is a cautionary yes. While pollution is one factor in hair damage, UV Rays, chemicals, improper brushing and even the foods we eat are larger factors in damage. Remember, the hair you see is "dead". The live part of the hair is the follicle deep within the scalp, so washing your hair thoroughly, and with sufficient frequency for your hair type, is key to curbing the scalp inflammation that contributes to hair follicle health. To protect your hair, look for leave-ins with concentrated doses of antioxidants to neutralize free radicals, and strand-coating silicones, proteins, and polymers, which “provide a physical barrier, walling off hair from pollutants.
Sunday, May 19, 2019
Purifi Facial Cleansers & Serums
Whether your face needs extra care for Acne, Eczema or is very Sensitive, Malibu C can take care of them all with the power of Vitamin C and other nature identical ingredients. Each formula delivers just what you need to resolve problem skin issues.
Malibu C offers products to benefit and sustain the wellness of your hair, your skin and the Earth
Buy now. ________________________________________________________________________________
Summer Getaway Kits
ColorProof is formulated with the finest, next generation, super luxury ingredients to deliver superior product performance that dramatically improves hair condition while maximizing color retention. There are three new kits will keep your hair brilliant while you enjoy your favorite destination! Each kit also has a Summer Travel Bag included!
- Summer Getaway SuperRich comes with the Moisture shampoo, conditioner and color protect working hairspray to wash, condition and style the hair to perfection. Provides both heat and color protection while injecting lightweight moisture into the hair. Vegan and is great for everyday use!
- Summer Getaway SuperPlump Comes with the Volume shampoo, conditioner and blow dry spray to give incredible volume to your hair. Provides full color protection to keep your hair color vibrant an shining. Will not weigh the hair down, has heat protection and is great for every day use.
- Summer Getaway Crazy Smooth contains the anti-Frizz shampoo, conditioner and leave-in smooth to tame frizz and smooth out hair. Washes and conditions the hair for a soft and shiny appearance. Provides excellent color and heat protection while keeping the hair full of moisture. Great for those with unruly and hard to manage hair.
About the brand:
Macadamia oil's unique composition gives it an uncanny similarity and compatibility to your body's own natural oils. This allows for unbelievable absorption and rapid penetration into both the hair and skin.
- Macadamia Oil: Very rich in essential fatty acids, macadamia oil has the distinctive feature of resembling sebum. This replication of the natural oils our scalp produces for protection make it an ideal enriching & replenishing agent with rapid absorption.
- Argan Oil: The oil is rich in Omega 9, Linoleic, Oleic, and unsaturated fatty acids - shown to be very beneficial in improving hair strength and health.
Saturday, May 18, 2019
Sorme Cosmetics has a great palette that corrects and conceals flaws, Optical Illusion. Watch what colors to use to cancel out discolorations or any other minor imperfection you want to hide. So helpful!
Friday, May 17, 2019
Original Sprout products include shampoos, conditioners, creams, sunscreens and bath products that are completely safe for babies and children. They are so gentle, but effective, that many adults, especially those with sensitive skin & scalp also use them.Perhaps their best known and most beloved product is the Miracle Detangler. The champion of detanglers, Original Sprout's Miracle Detangler quick release formula makes tough tangles history. Combing is fast, painless & safe without formaldehyde (Hydantoin DMDM) found in most children's detanglers. Use on dry or wet hair any time for a freshly washed feeling. Soy Free, Gluten Free, Cruelty Free, Biodegradable, 100% Vegetarian & Vegan, E.U. Cosmetic Directive Compliant. It also has ingredients to help repel lice.
Original Sprout was founded as a true labor of love by Inga Tritt, a top hairstylist in Santa Barbara, when she was a new mom. She sought to make products with ingredients that were safe to use on the sensitive skin of her daughter, and that other mothers and fathers could trust. Inga was also inspired by the needs of many parents who were asking her for detangling and styling advice. Original Sprout was created in California in 2003 and has grown into a complete collection of soothing shampoos, conditioners, styling and body care products for the entire family that is made in the USA.
Thursday, May 16, 2019
A powerful surround heat system that will provide beautifully precise curls each time. This amazing steam iron has a Nano Titanium chamber which the hair glides through effortlessly creating a shiny and silky finished look. You will have curls that are loose, soft, defined and just simply a stunning runway look! The iron heats up instantly to 450 degrees to create a flawless look each time.
BaByliss Pro hair styling products are elite, high performance, long lasting tools that help you effortlessly create your style.
Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Humectants are substances that have the ability to draw in moisture from their surrounding environment as opposed to a desiccant which dries things out. Your skin naturally contains humectants such as hyaluronic acid, which is responsible for giving your complexion its plump, youthful appearance. For this same reason, hyaluronic acid is a popular ingredient in many dermal fillers used to plump your skin and lips and to temporarily smooth away lines and wrinkles. Humectants are frequently used in cosmetics as a way of increasing and maintaining moisture in the skin and hair, in products including shampoo, conditioner, frizz serum, lotions, creams, lip treatments, cleansers, after-sun lotion, and some soaps or body lotions.
Humectants are also essential for healthy skin hydration, but you do have to be careful about which ones you choose and how you use them in your daily skin care regimen.
Humectants attract moisture from their environment, which can be the outside air or the underlying layers of your skin. If you are in a humid environment, humectant ingredients will pull in moisture from the air and therefore help your skin to stay hydrated. If you are in a dry climate, on the other hand, humectants can cause your skin to become dehydrated by pulling moisture up from deeper layers and onto the surface, where they can evaporate into the air. For this reason, it is best to combine humectant ingredients with an occlusive. (Occlusive ingredients are oily, waxy or silicone based ingredients that form a “seal” on your skin to prevent water from escaping.)
What Ingredients are Humectants?
There are many different ingredients that have humectant properties, and some act as both a humectant and an occlusive. Some of the most common humectants are:
- Hyaluronic acid
- Heparan sulfate analog
- Propylene glycol
- Alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs)
- Glycolic acid
- Lactic acid
- Phytic acid
Both humectants and occlusives can provide nearly instant results in terms of increasing skin hydration and providing a temporary plumping and smoothing effect, but neither addresses the underlying cause of dry skin. If your skin is very dry or if you struggle to control eczema or other similar conditions, try a barrier repair moisturizer that treats the underlying cause of skin dryness rather than just treating the symptoms. Look for these terms near the beginning of the ingredient list on the bottle:
- Fatty acids
- Myristoyl/palmitoyl oxostearamide/arachamide mea
- MLE technology
These ingredients help to repair your skin’s damaged protective barrier, which is the underlying reason why excess water is able to escape into the air and irritants and pathogens are easily able to enter.